Can I use a VoIP or SIP device if I don't have a VoIP model router?
Posted by Gabriel Yu on 11 April 2008 07:00 AM

You certainly can ! There are two techniques which can be used, and your DrayTek router supports both of them...

STUN server method is much simpler, but requires that your VoIP device supports use of a STUN server. See your VoIP device's instructions for details on how to configure for a STUN server. One free STUN server is "".

Open Ports method requires you to open TCP port 5060 (for the SIP communications), and possibly a range of UDP ports (for the RTP ). Please see the instructions for Opening / Forwarding Ports.

(188 vote(s))
Not helpful

Comments (0)