Ensure share is enabled for the folder in the Windows PC otherwise it cannot be seen in the network neighbourhood.
If your target PC is in the same LAN, i.e. they are connected to the LAN ports of the same Vigor box.
- Please use 'Find Computer' to search for the target PC instead of browsing for it in the network neighbourhood
- If personal firewall is installed (e.g. Zone Alarm), please enable the NetBIOS passthrough option.
IF your target PC is in the remote LAN via ISDN or VPN, you're suggested to follow any of three solutions.
- In the 'Network Neighbourhood, search another PC using its IP address instead of it NetBIOS name.
- Modify the content of lmhosts:
- Search the 'lmhosts.sam' file in your PC.
- Rename 'lmhosts.sam' as 'lmhosts' (no file extension).
- Follow the example in the lmhosts file to add a line like "192.168.5.38 DrayTek" where the actual values depends on your network environment.
- Setup WINS servers at both sides.
- Next if personal firewall is installed (e.g. Zone Alarm), please enable the NetBIOS passthrough option. Then please use "Find Computer" to search for the target PC instead of browsing for it in the network neighbourhood