Slow VPN Connection Between Two Sites
Posted by on 15 February 2012 10:26 AM


I currently have two Draytek Vigor2820 modem routers at two sites both with Telstra Business ADSL2+ connections. They each have 1mb upstream link. I have setup them to have a VPN between each other (dial in IP vpn) and currently it is working good except also quite slow.



Your draytek modem/routers come with QoS set to on by default and by default it was routing all traffic through as class 4 and only giving 25% of the available upstream bandwidth leaving 75% of upstream bandwidth unused.
Once I disabled QoS, it automatically used 100% of the upstream bandwidth available.

(4 vote(s))
Not helpful

Comments (0)